lymeoutlyndsey

My journey through Lyme Disease- Healing my body and mind.

New Lyme Treatment?

on September 19, 2013

selfie

I am currently sitting in an apartment in beautiful Coeur d’Alene, Idaho eating fresh eggs that the neighbor brought to me with shredded brussel sprouts. I am here investigating a new Lyme treatment with potential. I have had the best couple of days that I have had in a long while. I am feeling more hopeful than ever that I will recover 100% from Late-Stage Lyme. It won’t be tomorrow or maybe not even in the next year or two, but it’s going to happen. I am well on my way. That has not always been an easy thing for me to say, because it’s scary. What if I say that I am going to recover and I don’t? Well, something I have learned recently is that it’s best to go directly towards things that scare you. Simply let go and believe. I needed to let go and believe to make this trip to Idaho.

A couple of months ago, a friend of mine recommended that I go see Dr. Tony Smith, a chiropracter in Coeur d’Alene that does energy and magnetic therapy for Lyme patients. His treatment is called Lymestop. The goal of the treatment is to guide your own immune system to find the stealthy bacteria and eliminate the bacteria naturally. It sounded like a bunch of BS to me. I have a masters degree in science (Geology) and have led my life believing only what I read in peer-reviewed journals. I certainly could not find any information on magnetic therapy or energy medicine for Lyme treatment published in what I would consider to be legitimate journals. So, I dismissed my friend’s suggestion to go see this man in Idaho and continued taking 85 pills a day and giving myself a shot in the leg.

Then, it occurred to me that the current treatment that I am on, long-term antibiotic therapy, has not been proven to work in any peer-reviewed journal either, and it most definitely IS working. Over the past year, I learned to listen to listen to my body in detail. I started to think about things that I had noticed through my experience with Lyme for which there was no scientific explanation. For example, when I am having a flare in the pain in my facial nerve, if I use my cell phone on that side of my head, the pain gets worse. This seems “crazy” and I have no explanation. Sometimes you have to listen to your body and know that what you experience is more true for you than what you may be able to read in a peer-reviewed journal.

This is when my thought process about different methods of healing shifted a bit. I still believe that the scientific method is the best way to keep the general public safe. But, sometimes there are things that are helpful to people that we cannot explain. We know this to be true, because we use the placebo effect as a valid method in all double-blind studies. This means we acknowledge that there are some folks who, when given placebo drugs, recover from ailments the same as those given actual drugs. I am not saying that the success this doctor in Idaho has had is based on the placebo effect, but I am saying that there are things that are operating in our bodies that we have not put into textbooks.

I started looking at renting a car to drive to Idaho. Then, I talked to two separate people randomly who said they had friends who had taken their children to see Dr. Smith in Idaho for intense food allergies and that their children were cured. It still seemed entirely too mystical to me to make the decision to go, but I was certainly more intrigued. I emailed with Dr. Smith a couple of times and each time I got the feeling that he knew what he was doing and really did see results with his work. So, I looked into the cost of Lymestop treatment. When I realized that the cost to be treated by Dr. Smith for six appointments over the course of three days was less than one month of my current treatment, it made sense to go.

I booked a studio apartment on airbnb.com, rented a car, and made the long drive to Coeur d’Alene. I had mixed emotions. I was excited to make a solo road trip and to visit beautiful Idaho, but I was skeptical as well. Before I left, I got an email from David and Shing, the people I rented the apartment from on airbnb.com. David said that he would save some dinner for me for my arrival since they live next door. Their hospitality set the tone for my entire trip.

rocky in car

I took off in the rental car on Monday. I smiled and laughed at how awesome it was to drive a car that could actually accelerate, had working AC, and had a working radio. I currently don’t own a car of my own since I sold my nice Subaru Outback a couple of years ago to pay for Lyme treatment and the one my partner graciously lets me drive is, um, we’ll say, tired. The drive was gorgeous and mostly uneventful aside from 90’s rap personal dance parties courtesy of XM radio. I arrived in Coeur d’Alene at about 7:30 pm and was greeted by a smiling David. He gave me a tour of the basement apartment and it was exactly what I needed. He had turned all of the lights on for me and had Hawaiian slack key slide guitar music playing on the radio. The music was timely since I recently lost my friend Kevin, who was my ukulele teacher. It was a beautiful reminder and made me feel at home. He had dinner for me in the fridge that his partner, Shing, had made. Gluten-free stir fry! It was perfect.

The next day, Shing brought me a kale smoothie that was one of the best I have ever had. She also brought fresh eggs from her friend’s chickens. If you decide to go to Idaho, look them up on airbnb.com. The apartment is on Elm street. You will not be disappointed.

The next day I began treatment with Dr. Smith. He uses a method of muscle testing to diagnose various infections. For you science types out there, you will not find evidence that muscle testing works in the literature. But, based on what happened next for me, I know there is legitimacy to what Dr. Smith does. The only information I gave him was that I tested positive for Lyme. I said nothing else about my other co-infections for which I tested positive for or where most of my nerve pain is. He proceeded to find ALL of my co-infections using his method as well as all of the areas where I have the most pain without me saying a single word. I cannot explain to you how he could have done this. So, that’s when I decided to fully let go. Let go and allow whatever healing was going to happen to happen regardless of explanation.

The treatment involves Dr. Smith identifying where the infection is seeded, and then guiding your own immune system there using magnetic therapy. Sounds crazy, and I suppose it is depending on your definition of crazy. But, the man has a FULL 3-inch binder of heart-felt testimonials written by patients in his waiting room. Testimonials that I could feel were real when I read them. Dr. Smith (and other patients that I talked to) said that if the treatment is effective, I will go through a period of feeling worse on and off for about 6 weeks and then should start to feel markedly better after about 3 months. The first two days, I felt great. Today, I am feeling pretty rough. Really tired, nauseous, sore muscles, nerve pain, etc.

I have no idea what to expect and I am going to let go of expectations and take each day as it comes. I will certainly keep you updated on my progress in case you feel that going to see Dr. Smith might be something you want to do in the future. If you have questions about the process, I encourage you to email him. He responds quickly and has helpful answers. I believe that there are some people who are healers and Dr. Smith is one of those people.

l’ll leave you with some photos I took yesterday while hiking around and spending time on the lake. It was a really wonderful experience. Let me know if you have questions or comments. Have you had success with alternative medicine that has not been proven? Did you struggle with skepticism?

As always, much love! ~Lyndsey

Lyme out shoes rainbow sunshine

74 responses to “New Lyme Treatment?

1. Monique Miller says:

Sounds like this is just what you needed….hope that your body will take over and do what it is supposed to do naturally and you get 100% better soon.
    we need some good news in this family that’s for sure….love you lots:) see you soon:)

2. Tn says:

Wonderful post!

3. Phyllis says:

I’m in Canada where the doctors deny lyme exists. I’m very interested in how you feel after your treatments are done and if you think it made a significant improvement in your health. I’ve probably had undiagnosed lyme for 30 yrs., not chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia! Not expecting any miracles but it would be nice to get off the couch.

I hope you respond well to this method. Thanks for sharing!

• lilneeds says:

Hi Phyllis! I’m sorry to hear that you are struggling with Late-Stage Lyme. Be sure to subscribe to my blog (follow) and I will definitely write a post in about 3 months regarding my thoughts on how effective I feel that this treatment has been. Thanks for reading! Take care of yourself the best that you can until you find your cure. Hang in there!

4. Ben Erlandson says:

I had really bad lyme disease that completely ruined my life and was living in an absolute miserable state. I know you know what I am talking about. A friend of mine referred me to Dr. Tony and I was like you were I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. I was skeptical, but optimistic. Within a few weeks I had improved a ton. It is now 4 months post treatment and I am 99% improved and have very little symptoms if any. I know you will do well with his method. I have referred others to him and all have had a positive response. –Ben Erlandson

• lilneeds says:

Thanks Ben! That is really encouraging to hear. I wonder about how I will do with the treatment, since I did not stop antibiotic therapy since it had worked so well for me up to this point. I hope it doesn’t negatively effect Dr. Tony’s work. He said it wouldn’t, but it’s hard to say. Did you go through a period of “herxing” after treatment? I am struggling this week and it’s been 6 days since my last treatment. I have sent several people to Dr. Tony now and I am looking forward to seeing how they do. Thanks for the encouragement!

• Ben Erlandson says:

I had very minor herx reactions. I had a severe headache for a few days, but that is about it. Everybody is different I suppose depending on their detoxification pathways. I was drinking lots of water and resting a lot, so that probably helped for me.

• Kiki says:

Hi Ben, I’m so glad you feel so much better. That’s exciting 🙂 I have my first appointment with Dr. Tony Smith in Nov. I would like to chat more with you and ask some questions if your open to it?

• Ben Erlandson says:

I would be glad to answer any questions the best I can…

• Kiki says:

Thank you. You mentioned you had really bad lyme and was in a miserable state. Will you go into more detail about that? I’m in a miserable state and have been for quite some time. However it was even worse when the onset came on. I learned not to say “this can’t get any worse” because it did 🙂

I feel with Smith skeptical yet optimistic like you expressed.

• Ben Erlandson says:

I was a healthy 29 year old with no health issues ever prior to getting sick from lyme. I ended up having symptoms of unrelenting fatique (sleeping 14 hours a day), ALWAYS feeling fatiqued, joint pain (neck, back, and feet), depression(suicidal), hallucinations, memory issues, irritability, blurry vision, loss of depth perception, weakness, apathy, systemic inflammation, adrenal fatique, low thryoid function, low libido, work recall problems, sound sensitivitites, avoidance of all social encounters, gave up all of my hobbies, severe chemical sensitivities, withdrawn from family and my wife and my life was a living hell.

• lilneeds says:

Blech. Sounds about right, Ben. Sorry you went through that. I am so excited that you are better. It gives me so much hope that I will get better also! I can’t wait!

• Kiki says:

Thanks Ben. That is so encouraging to hear you are better after seeing Dr. Smith. I can relate to every symptom except the hallucinations. Wow! I also relate to being healthy than not. Have all your symptoms improved or gone? Sounds like your marriage made it through. I’m so glad for you. Mine did not. More my choice than his. We were in our 30’s and his career was taking off rather nicely. It was an almost impossible situation, with the severe, light and sound sensitivity. Multiple Chemical sensitivity, food sensitivities etc.
        After 7 years of my illness. We went our separate ways. I’m very fortunate to be where I’m at now and can afford Dr. Smith at this time. This certainly sounds good to be hearing your experience and lilneeds on Dr. Smith 🙂

5. Kiki says:

Hi, I’m going to see Dr. Tony Smith next month. (It was the soonest appointment I could get with him). How are you feeling?

• lilneeds says:

Awesome! I am feeling pretty good! My mental clarity has been the best it has been in years since going to Dr. Smith. I have, however, been more unable to tolerate my antibiotics lately. I am herxing more. Could be a combination of Dr. Smith’s treatment and antibiotics are just killing too much for my body to keep up with. It’s hard to say. Embrace your adventure to Coeur d’Alene! Let whatever healing is going to happen take place. Best of luck to you!! Let me know how it goes and how you fare afterwards. I am interested to hear how it helps.

• Kiki says:

Thank you so much for replying so quickly :-). That’s great news to hear. I was wondering how it would be with the ABX along with it. I couldn’t tolerate the ABX. The strong lyme onset came on 15 years ago. I haven’t tried anything for it for years. I went gun ho for the first 5 years. First 2 were trying all different kinds of things for every time the diagnoses was changed. Than spent 3 gun ho for the lymes. Than I just got exhausted and money was exhausting. So In the last 10 years I’ve just been managing the symptoms the best I can. Disabling since 1999.

I read your symptom list and I can say there is about 3 of them on your list that I don’t have lol. And ones I have that aren’t on your list.

I will absolutely let you know how it goes. I just found Smith the other day and I’ve been living in Liberty Lake, Wa for 4 years now. I’m about 15 to 20 minutes away from him. I’m so glad I live so close. 🙂

I’m usually not this skeptical but because of what I’ve been through I just am with this technique. I’m open to it, I’m so interested in it and the testimonials are incredible.

I hope you continue to update. I’m very interested no matter what.

It’s also really nice to converse with someone who has just seen him.

May your healing get better and better 🙂

6. Kiki says:

Lil, it’s been a little over a month since Smith’s treatments. How are you feeling?

Hi Kiki-
      I don’t know if I am the best person to monitor for progress following Dr. Smith’s treatments, because I am his first patient that has refused to stop antibiotic therapy following treatment. I am still taking over 85 pills a day, including really strong antibiotics like Clindamycin. So, I am had a rough week with lots of brain fog, a rash, joint pain, and fatigue. I am either reacting to my new antibiotic or still in the “detox” phase following Dr. Smith’s treatments. Also, I got an email from Dr. Smith explaining that we did not yet properly treat one of my co-infections (Protomyxzoa Rheumatica) and that I wouldn’t have optimal results until I did. He offered to treat that co-infection for free, but I have to make it back to Idaho. I’ll be heading back to Idaho in December for a post-Lyme check-up and for treatment of Protomyxzoa Rheumatica. I will be really interested to hear how you do after Dr. Smith’s treatments since you are not on antibiotics. Keep me updated!

• Kiki says:

It doesn’t matter to me if your still on abx I appreciate your honest feedback. I’m sorry that your week has been rough. I hope it lets up soon. I will absolutely let you know how it goes! Hey, if we are both up to it when you come here mabe we can get together for coffee/tea or something easy. Also I might have a place for you to stay for free in the area. Do you have access to my e-mail address?

• lilneeds says:

That would be great, Kiki! I don’t have access to your email. Feel free to email me here: lilneeds@gmail.com. Thanks! ~Lyndsey

7. Lori says:

Dr. Smith’s office turned me on to your blog and I have an appointment in Dec. My symptoms sound pretty much like everyone else’s listed above, so I am extremely hopeful. Just like Lyndsey said, the cost of Smith’s treatment is about what I spend in 20 days, so I too feel like I’d be crazy to not at least try this.
    I wish everyone strength and tenacity in fighting this illness!

8. Lori says:

How cool Lyndsey, I’ll be there the week of Dec. 9th! I will look for you!
    Hi Kiki! Y’know, I can’t remember exactly where I heard about Dr. Smith. But I ran across it a couple of times online, and finally I just decided it was time to go. (I’m in Denver) I’ve been really sick for about 3 1/2 years, and only got diagnosed with lyme about 6 months ago. (Had a bullseye in 1990). Right after my diagnosis, before I could even find or get in to see a LLMD, I used the Life Vessel, http://lifevesseloftherockies.com/, and although slowly, I’ve been getting better ever since. I’m an herbalist, so I put myself on the Buhner herbal protocol, and I also later started antibiotics from an LLMD. So I’m sure these additions helped, but I feel Life Vessel was a turning point for me. I also did NAET treatments before my diagnosis, so that I was actually able to eat without huge burping fits that would keep me up the entire night. I guess my whole, long, drawn out point, is that because of these experiences…. with the idea of Lymestop, I was sold. I am taking many more herbs to regulate my dystaunomia and immune-modulate rather than antimicrobials, as I am a firm believer that immune-modulation is key. Maybe I’m being naively hopeful about Lymestop! But I am very excited to hear how your experience with Dr. Smith, goes, Kiki. And I am diligently following this blog to read Lyndsey’s updates with this experience! I hope everything goes as planned for everyone:)
    green love,
    Lori

• Kiki says:

Hi Lori, I live in Smith’s area. Mabe we can all meet up if you and Lindsey are in town at the same time if not mabe you and I. My experience has been over 20 years of Lyme. All success from Smith I’ve read it’s 3 years or less from major symptoms. Sounds like you have a really good chance, plus your background, for this.

9. Lori says:

Oh wow, Kiki, thank you so much for the information! You’re right, that does give me hope I have a good chance with this protocol. It makes my heart hurt, though, for you and everyone else:( *hugs*. But I would love to meet up! Here’s my information; lcofacirema at gmail dot com, and three zero three- 898-three five nine seven. And I don’t mind posting my info, since it is my business info, it is all over the internet anyway, I’m just trying to cut down on spam. I look forward to meeting either you and Lyndsey or just meeting up with you!

• Kiki says:

Well, I had my first two appointments with Dr. Smith yesterday. Very interesting stuff. He found 2 blood virus’s, one being lyme disease. Babesia and Bartonella (apologize if I spelled that wrong.) Sick liver. Bartonella in the brain. Really interesting. I brought some of the supplements he suggested and will be buying more on my next treatment Thursday. Because on of my huge pain issues is light sensitivities and neck head pain back pain etc, I’m hurtin today because I was about and about yesterday so I’m icing tioday in the dark and awaiting my time tomorrow.

• Kiki says:

Correction. It wasn’t Bartonella in the brain it was Borrellia. Sorry about that.

• Lori says:

Thank you so much for sharing Kiki! This information is incredibly interesting. It makes me more excited for my visit. I have been extremely panicky that the clinical diagnoses I was receiving would miss something and I would never get well. And I guess I am counting on this guy to catch some of those. I hope you are out of the worst of your herx/detox, or I hope you get there soon:) I, for one, would be very interested to hear how you continue to feel after this treatment.

• Lorie says:

Kiki, do you feel that Dr. Smith’s treatments helped you?
        – Lorie

• Kiki says:

Hi Lori, I sent you a test e-mail just now to make sure I had the correct e-mail address for you. I think you’ll be pleased with information Dr. Smith provides and tests for. I was sooooo nervous that I brought my sister and a good friend of mine with me for support which I usually always do these things alone. I was so stressed out because after everything I’ve been through with doctors for the past 15 years, I was afraid Dr. Smith wasn’t going to find anything wrong with me. I had a whole month to think about it and boy did I work myself up in a tizzy. lol. With your background I think you will be pleased with Dr. Smith. He has a kindness about him which I found helpful. When you e-mail me back will you let me know when you will be in the area. I’m looking forward to meeting with you. I forgot where are you traveling from?

• lilneeds says:

I agree Kiki, Dr. Smith is a very warm healer that is easy to be around. I’m glad your trip went well. Keep me informed on how things go after 3 months. All the best!

10. Catherine says:

Just found this blog. How is it going, people? Wondering what was the dealio with you must have Lyme and co less than 3 years to improve with Tony? Is that true? Does Tony’s treatment tell the immune system to kill the bugs?

Hi Catherine!
      Yes! The theory behind Dr. Smith’s treatment is that it signals your own immune system to find and kill the bugs. No, you don’t have to have had Lyme for 3 years or less to improve. I will be writing an update this weekend on my progress. I have been contacted by several people over the past couple of months that have received treatment with Dr. Smith and are doing well. Thanks for asking!

11. Ron Gwaldis says:

Hi my name is Ron and I know nikki Linsey my niece has Lyme and she is 10 yrs old she’s in a lot of pain can’t walk much and can not remember what happened yesterday she seeing a doctor and taking a lot of drugs I was very interested in this magnet treatment for her and about how much it cost can you please reply

• lilneeds says:

Hi Ron! I am so sorry to hear that your niece is not doing well. Lyme seems to hit kids especially hard. She should definitely make the trip to Idaho to see Dr. Smith. It’s worth a try. My entire week of treatment and supplements cost around $1,200, which is really cheap compared to long-term antibiotic therapy. Dr. Smith is a wonderful man and it’s possible that he could help her! Please visit his website at http://www.lymestop.com for more pricing information or for the information to call to schedule. He loves to help children. Let me know if you have questions. Please tell her to hang in there. Lots of love! ~Lyndsey

• Ron Gwaldis says:

Hi it’s June now and my niece is worse no energy no memory of anything she has some kind of intorvenes into her heart and no will to go on has your therapy helped please reply so I can give her mother info I told her about zapping she tried it but did not give it time she was getting sicker but the say that what happens when you zap have you had any luck with this

• Rick says:

Hi June. My phone is 304-678-5112. I don’t know anything except what I have read about frequencies with rife machines. Never tried it on my son. What is your nieces name and her age? If I remember she is 10. Would like to pray for her specifically. I sent my 19 yr old son to Idaho and was treated. His psychosis almost immediately was cured and he now is working and running around like a 19 yr old. He didn’t work for 8 months and was very bad off. He probably had Lyme or 3 yrs with some symptons. Dr Smith love to work with kids. Please call sometime. Rick

Hi Ron-
        Did you get a hold of Rick? His son has had success with Dr. Smith and would be a great reference. Di your niece go see Dr. Smith yet? I have no experience with rife machines (zappers), but have been told by many that they are helpful. It’s true that she will get worse at first with no matter what treatment she decides. My thoughts and prayers go out to her an your family!

12. Wow this is so interesting! Are you still getting better, or how are things?? Would LOVE to hear from you (desperation, well I am sure you can imagine… I am not the only one…). So glad you found help and cure!!!

• lilneeds says:

Hi! I do know about your desperation. I’m sorry you are struggling. It has been about 6 months since I saw Dr. Smith and I am doing pretty well! I am able to be physically active a couple of times a week and am back to working 32 hours per week. I am seeing Dr. Smith again next month for treatment of a co-infection, so I don’t know that I can give a fair report of effectiveness until I have done that. When I get back from my next visit, I will for sure update my blog with my opinions on Lymestop. I have suggested Lymestop to several people who have seen really good results. The whole week of treatment with Dr. Smith is cheaper than one month of my antibiotic therapy, so it’s worth it to give it a try!

13. Lorie says:

I’m also considering Dr Smith and I’m really interested in hearing how those of you are doing after his treatment. I will keep checking back. Best of luck to all of you! And special thanks to you, Lyndsey for sharing your journey.

14. Rick says:

My son just got back from Idaho being treated by Dr. Smith. He is 19 and I believe the hardest thing about this all is his was primarily neurological. He became almost over night psychotic and it took us bran images and a hand of God to direct us to a blood test that ended up positive. Long story how we found Lymestop but prior I fell upon Lymephotos.com and used a salt protocol to make a high sodium environment for foreign bacteria which has helped him greatly to be able to at least tolerate himself and function. He couldn’t leave the house very well and I can go on and on. You probably wouldn’t believe half of what he did or what we went thru. Anyways by a divine manner we were introduce to Dr. Smith by a lady who had lyme for 20 yrs and was treated successfully. I already had 10K involved in just his diagnosis and natural supplements which did help but wasn’t curing it. In my hundreds of hrs researching this disease if I would have fell apon lymestop I would have said that man is a farce. I have seen immediate results so I know something has happened. He hasn’t had a phone in 6 months plus and got rid of his facebook along with destroying many TVs. He also said girls are evil and wont ever get married. Well he has a date with a beautiful girl prior to this onset were talking and friends. He wants his phone back, and has posted his picture and has a new facebook. All in a week. I will say the salt has helped and he has been on some anti-psychotics but still never cared for these things in the past 6plus months.He is having some shooting pains and feels he is having some of the same old symptons. I believe like the others stated and Dr. Smith told him it will get worse before it totally gets better. He has been under a lot of attack and I believe he has had Lyme for at least 4 maybe 5 yrs. He was an extreme wrestler so I believe the intense workouts he did kept his Oxygen level up so kept some of the disease at bay. Anyways I will let everyone know how he is. 19yrs old he doesn’t remember all of everything and at his age he is still a boy on a mission. Girls, friends, parties. Pray for us.

• lilneeds says:

I am so sorry to hear about your son! I will keep him in my prayers. Please let me know how he does in about 6 months following his treatment with Dr. Smith. What a horrible illness this is. I am hoping for the best for you and your family. Lots of love!

• Rick says:

He has been great all weekend since he has been back. This has been primarily neurological with some issues with spleen and liver. He has some stabbing pains in his stomach but that is normal Herxing as the doctors paperwork stated. I believe people with bodily issues will take longer to get better. Significant difference already. I do see ups and downs as he will still be healing from all the infection. His brain image did show bee like stings(swelling bumbs) all over the top of his image. He was at two baseball games and functioned well, and we just came back from two different peoples house this evening to encourage them. One has been on antibiotics for 7 yrs and the other is my sons friend who has the same neurological lyme and showed signs about 3 months before my son. They are encouraged to see Ricky. Just still in the hoping stages.

15. Lorie says:

Lyndsey, have you been back to Dr. Smith yet for your follow up treatment?

16. Rick says:

Lyndsey haven’t heard from you. How was you visit. Any news. My son Ricky who was treated for lyme is still doing good after a month but isn’t 100 percent. My wife’s allergies are I believed cured. She has no symptons at all so far and the pollen here in WV is every where.

• lilneeds says:

Hi Rick! My visit was great. When my fundraiser is over (in a little over two weeks), I’ll post an update on my visit with Dr. Smith. Right now, I am feeling better than ever! I would say functioning at close to 80 percent. Pretty awesome!

• Rick Hammon says:

That is great! I have a crew on their way to Jersey and we will be working all week here. My son is one of the men. I am scared yet excited on how well he is. Last time he was on a job with me he about drowned himself in a hot tub running only hot water in it. We came in just in time. He should be fine. I believe he is 90 percent. We are going to start a fund raiser for another young man in our community who has the same neurological lyme as my son but is not financially able to get treatment. My personal e-mail is bmi_rickhammon@yahoo.com. If you have any tips please let me know. Rick

• lilneeds says:

That is so amazing that your son is able to work again! Fingers crossed! Please share the fundraiser you are talking about with me either here or send it to my email (lilneeds@gmail.com). I will most definitely contribute!

• Rick Hammon says:

Right now a spaghetti dinner and donations. We are going to charge $6-7 for a plate and all the items will be donated by the local churches. They need to raise around 4K for plane fares, rental car, motel, treatment, and supplements. We are going to have the benefit dinner with a small talk on lyme awareness and prevention. It is bad in WV and all over the east but people arent well and just keep getting treated. There are quite a few people I know after they seen what we went thru are getting tested. The person I am speaking about that needs assistance is a close friend of my sons who live 8 miles away with the same symptons that started 3 months before him. Coincidence? NOT

17. Rich Shelley says:

Lyndsey, so are you saying this treatment has DEFINITLY worked for you….? I’m at the end of my rope with this disease…..neurological is real bad lately (7.5 years sick)

• lilneeds says:

Hi Rich. I don’t think I can say anything DEFINITELY about this disease and what treatment has for sure worked. I have done many many things all at the same time, so it’s nearly impossible to say exactly what has worked and what hasn’t. I do think, though, that Dr. Smith’s treatment has definitely had a positive impact on me and my recovery. For sure. I would recommend it to anyone still struggling with Lyme. It is worth it. If you are at the end of your rope, you definitely should go see Dr. Smith. He has helped a lot of people.

• Rich Shelley says:

Thank you Lindsey……I guess living in New York isn’t going to make this easy and also working full time…..we’ll see, glad you’re getting some results though….I don’t mind spending money on treatment that works….have a good day

• Rick hammon says:

I also recommend it. The only things we have done with my son is salt/vitac and Dr. Smith. I did research on this and it actually makes sense. I believe it is the best and safest thing out there. Granted you body will need to mend and detox.

• lilneeds says:

Please make the time to go see Dr. Smith, Rich. I think you will be glad you did!

• Rich Shelley says:

We will see…….it’s a long trip and I have neurological symptoms that have prevented me from Flying, panic attacks, HIGH anxiety etc…..I’ll have to think about it….THANK you for all your comments…Rich

18. Rick says:

Hi Lyndsey. Just checking in. How are things going. You can e-mail me if you wish. Ricky is still doing well. He is not doing the supplement protocol either the sauna or Epson salt baths as the doctor ordered. A 19 yr old boy is hard enough to deal with without this situation. He just doesn’t get it. His was mostly psychotic so he doesn’t remember a lot of what he REALLY did or went thru. Mentally and physically he is fine. His mind tends to wonder but that is normal now for a 19 yr old thinking about girls and where the next party is. Pray for him. I just hope and pray the best for you. Wanted to bid on a picture but couldn’t figure out how to send my info on the site.

• lilneeds says:

I’m so happy to hear that Ricky is doing better. I can’t imagine trying to wrangle a teenager into following a treatment protocol. Haha! 🙂 I will pray for him and hope that he continues to see lasting improvement. I am doing really well these days! Still have some struggles now and then, but nothing bad. Thanks for checking in!

19. Erin says:

Lyndsey, here is the link to the fundraiser that Rick is talking about:

John is my nephew and we are so excited for him to be treated by Dr. Smith in a few weeks.

Rick, thank you and your wife for helping my sister and son. You truly are a Godsend.

• lilneeds says:

Thanks for the link, Erin! I contributed and hope that you are able to raise enough money for John’s treatment. Please keep me updated on how he does with Dr. Smith’s treatment. Best of luck to you!

20. Rick says:

Hi Lindsey. Just up looking at flight tickets. How are you. We finished the benefit dinner and a bake sale for the friend of Rickys to go to Idaho to be treated. Ricky was there and interacted with everyone well. We are still some short but am having a car wash friday. Flights are high in the summer. Ricky is doing very well but still is not taking care of himself. I think it would have been so much easier to go thru this if he was 30. Them teen days are hard. He still is working and has a pretty steady girlfriend. I spoke at the dinner being it was a Lyme awareness meeting also. I have learned so much about biological “science” . It fascinates me to a point I am looking for a really powerful microscope. We had the WV State bug guy who does nothing but study bugs in WV. He was great and very enlightening. He was skeptical about Dr. Smith but wanted info. I introduced him to Ricky and told of the past experiences. He was amazed. In my studies I can now see how Ricky had Lyme for a few years and it hit him in many ways especially fatigue and muscle failure. He was one of the best wrestlers in the state taking 2nd his jr year and supposing to walk away with a championship his senior year. Got hurt. Had lots of swelling in his knees without injury and most of the time had a hard time finishing his matches. He was so good and strong he usually finished early but if a kid gave him a fit he usually won but was strangely exhausted. Makes sense now reading about runners and bikers who have had lyme also. Hope you are getting better and have you eased back on the abx? You have my e-mail if you want to talk.

Hey Rick-
      I haven’t stopped antibiotic therapy yet. Dr. Smith says I no longer need it, but my Lyme doctor thinks otherwise. It’s hard to be in the middle of two opinions. I have decided to see out my antibiotic therapy through the end since I have spent a LOT of money and time with the protocol. I think I need to finish it. It’s a difficult decision, but I have to chose. I hope Ricky is still seeing progress! I donated to John’s fundraiser and hope that he is able to go see Dr. Smith!

21. Breezy says:

Does anybody feels as though they’ve been cured by Dr. Smith or is it still too early to tell?

22. Debbie Hern says:

Hi I’ve had lymes for 20 years. Currently seeing a llmd in Seattle. Also considering lymestop?? How are you doing today? Thanks Debbie

• lilneeds says:

Hi Debbie! I’m doing pretty well, but not cured. Probably functioning at about 60 to 75% of what was normal for me before getting sick, which is pretty good. I am still on antibiotics, so I can’t really say what has been the most effective mode of treatment for me. There was a facebook group started to discuss Lymestop. I would recommend connecting with folks there to read various experiences with Lymestop:

Hope that helps!

• Debbie Hern says:

Thanks!!: Finished lymestop treatments last week. ..feeling alot of different symptoms then I’ve ever had, lots more fatigue then I have ever had, so it’s doing something!!!

23. […] Scouring the internet for answers about why I was suddenly falling apart, I’d come across Lyndsey’s blog. Her list of symptoms, so similar to my own, are what finally convinced me that I needed to open my […]

24. Mai says:

Can you tell me where is Dr. Smith located? I just got diagnosed with lymes and on 4 weeks of antibiotics, today is my 3rd of doxy and still have 1 more week to take. Can you reply as soon as possible because I really need to call him before doxy is done.

Comments?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s