lymeoutlyndsey

My journey through Lyme Disease- Healing my body and mind.

Please help Lyme-out Lyndsey!

on February 17, 2013

My name is Lyndsey Needham.  I am a 30-ish year old female living with Late-Stage Lyme Disease.  Lyme Disease is an infection with the bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi.  I was infected with Lyme Disease through a tick bite in Italy.  Before contracting Lyme Disease, I was a highly active person spending my time in the mountains biking, hiking, and snowboarding.  I began racing downhill mountain bikes and instantly fell in love with the sport. I also enjoyed working hard in my favorite local CrossFit gym. After becoming sick with Lyme Disease, I slowly lost my ability to participate in all of my favorite activities. My health slipped away as well as my mental clarity. I went from being able to do 30 mile mountain bike rides to not being able to walk around the block.

I went through 2 years of not knowing what was wrong with me and watching the life that I loved slip further and further away everyday. After MANY doctors, specialists, and tests that were unsuccessful in helping me with a solid diagnosis, I finally tested positive for Lyme Disease and the co-infection Bartonella henslae. Having a diagnosis was a blessing! My road to recovery has been a long one, but I am getting stronger everyday and that much closer to doing the things I love!

However, treatment for Late-State Lyme Disease comes with a very hefty price tag. I have aquired massive debt through this experience and have now reached my credit limit and no longer have funds available to pay for my treatment. The recovery that I have seen with treatment has been amazing, so I am asking for your financial help to make it possible for me to continue paying for treatment and getting my life back. My promise to you is that when I recover, I will certainly pay your good deeds forward by making it my mission to help others in need of financial assistance for treatment of chronic illness through fundraising and awareness efforts. I know that times are not easy financially for many of us right now, so any help is greatly appreciated and if you’re not able to help out financially, link to this website, a smile, hello, or any attempt at a handmade card or drawing will do! 🙂

Thank you for being part of my community and helping me overcome this illness! I cannot thank you enough!!

How to Donate:

Please click on the DONATE link on the sidebar to donate via paypal or snail mail. Subscribe to this blog to recieve updates about my progress and fundraising goals.  THANK YOU!!

8 responses to “Please help Lyme-out Lyndsey!

1. Kelley Goad says:

Hey Lyndsey, so sorry to hear about your illness. My fiance and I are donating and sharing with our friends on facebook. You may have already looked into it, but I just wanted to suggest checking out http://www.giveforward.com/. I raised $5k for a puppy surgery in 3 days! Good luck!!!!

• lilneeds says:

Thank you so much for donating and sharing! It means so much to me. I will check out give forward. I’m glad you were able to raise money for your puppy! I don’t know what I would do without my furry friend 🙂

2. Ginny Baker says:

I hope you’re seeing Carolyn Taylor, a neurologist with great experience with Lyme Disease. Best of luck!

• lilneeds says:

I am not seeing Carolyn Taylor, Ginny. I am seeing a doctor in Seattle. I just researched Carolyn Taylor and her office looks great! I will definitely keep her in mind for myself or others. Thank you!

3. Jordan Hall says:

Hey Lyndsey! I am so so sorry to hear that you are suffering from Lyme disease. It is such a horrible disease and can be so tricky to treat and diagnose. I hate that you are having to go through this and I will be praying for you everyday. I am so happy to hear that you have found a treatment that you are responding well to and I will definitely be donating. My mom has chronic Lyme as well and has had it for a little over 4 years now. It also took a very long time for them to diagnose this. She has only been able to leave the house probably about 20 times in the last 4 years and is in bed all day through the night most days. She has no energy and has been to a million doctors and has tried many treatments from IVs, antibiotics, hyperbaric chambers, and a facility in Florida. So far nothing has worked and I would love to know what doctor and treatment protocol you are using. My dad spends most of his time researching new doctors and treatments. Look forward to hearing from you and I hope that you continue to get stronger and feel better everyday. You are such a wonderful person and it breaks my heart that you have to go through this.

-Jordan

• lilneeds says:

Thank you so much, Jordan! I hate to hear that about your mom. Thankfully, my body is pretty darn strong and I have had a lot of success with treatment. I would love to chat with you about your mom and my treatment protocol sometime. I am so sorry that your family has had to go through this. We will share information and maybe there is something I have found that would help. I’ll send you an email in the next few days when I can find time. ~Take care~

4. Alli Houtsma says:

Lyndsey, My husband and I want to help, but we are wondering if you have a way to take up automatic recurring donations rather than just a one time (like wepay.com)? – Alli

Comments?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s